New Asphalt Do’s and Don’ts
Thursday, June 9th, 2016
You’ve just invested in a new asphalt driveway, the smooth black consistency has you stepping back and thinking about how great this makes your home look. You’ll want to do everything you can to keep that asphalt looking like day one as long as possible. There are many best practices that you can rely on to help your asphalt maintain its pristine color, shape, and surface integrity. We’ve made it easy by compiling our best do’s and don’ts list for new asphalt for you!
- Don’t drive on your drive way for at least 3 days after it is completed, if your asphalt was completed in the hot summer months, make that 5 days!
- Don’t allow heavy trucks and vehicles on your new driveway, if you need pool water delivered or something else heavy be sure to schedule that before your asphalt is complete, asphalt can take 6-12 months to fully cure.
- Don’t start or stop fast in your car, likewise don’t turn your tires while the car is not in motion as this can cause pits and holes.
- Don’t drive on the edge or off of your driveway, the edges may crack or crumble due to lack of support.
- Don’t let your asphalt driveway get dirty. Dirt on new asphalt can draw out the natural oils from the blacktop and cause future damage.
- Don’t park your car or camper in the same place every time, this can cause depressions in your asphalt.
- Do contact us with any questions that you may have, we want your asphalt to last as long as possible and remain as beautiful as when we first finished it.
- Do let us know immediately if you cause major damage to your driveway so that we can make plans to correct issues in a timely manner and before they worsen.
- Do have gas, oil, or anti-freeze spills professionally cleaned and repaired.
- Do repair your cracks after each winter, filling cracks in normal and it’s something we are great at!
- Do seal your asphalt the following year that you had it completed to protect it, save you money, and keep that fresh black look.
What Our Clients Say
Once again you have exceeded our expectations. The price was very reasonable (we did shop around) and professionalism was outstanding. Thanks for not trying to include add-on fees to make a higher profit and we are looking forward to working with you for many more years to come.
-M. Leo Storch Management
Mr Joseph was by far the most responsive of the three companies we contacted. He came to inspect or driveway on the date and time he promised, gave us a firm quote, and he and his crew arrived on the appointed day at the scheduled time. They edged and cleared the old surface, then laid the new asphalt with the edges tapered to align with our patio and sidewalk. When they were finished the new surface was truly beautiful (and functional).